Sunday, March 9

Springing ahead...

There are approximately 50 school days left this year. Too early to be counting down? nah, I don't think so. It's March! almost mid-March even. craaaaaaazy. I must admit that my thoughts are turning more and more to end of the year and summer time daydreams. More that that though, they're turning to next school year and how I'm going to do all of this a heck of a lot better the second time around. The two year commitment is definitely a good thing. I'm much more invested in improving my teaching because I know I'll be doing it for another year at the very least. I'm actually really looking forward to spending a lot of time planning my curriculum this summer and making it really solid and something I'm excited to come back and teach. Of course it helps to know that some of that time spent planning could happen, oh say, while sitting on the dock at the lake house in my swimsuit getting a tan. sigh....

50 days... I can do it! That still leaves time to learn many things and read many things. I must resist the feeling that I should just scrape by for the rest of this year until summer. This year counts too, these students have to learn just as much as next year's students. I'm just so... tired. Having summers off may seem like a sweet perk, but right now I really can't imagine surviving this job without it!

Next week we get Thursday and Friday off for a four day "Spring Break" and I'm grateful for the chance to go home once more before the end of the year. Also that I get to go to Chelsea's B-day party and see my little brother in the church Passion Play (he is far less thrilled about being in it I'm sure!).

Short post, not much to say right now, but I felt I should update.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started reading your blog when I was first thinking about joining TFA, and reading about your stories was a big part of what made me join. I put South Dakota as number one on my preference list. Now that I have been accepted and will be teaching elementary school over in SD, I look forward to meeting you and picking your brain for help and advice in the coming school year.

Oh, also an Anne just added my on face book, is that you?

-Tyler

Anne said...

Hi Tyler! I'm flattered and glad you got something out of reading my ramblings. Also I'm totally quoting you if I ever apply for a position on the recruitment team! Looking forward to meeting you and all the other newbies next year:)