Sunday, September 9

1st Day Eve

Almost there... Tomorrow there will be students in the new high school building for the very first time!!! woo!!! There will be orientation activities and dedication ceremonies going on all day, so I don't have to actually teach, just go over the handbook with a small group. BUT there will be kids. This past week has been a mad dash to get the building ready. It's still kind of far from it, but oh well I guess. We were finally able to start moving in on Tuesday and spent every day hauling stuff from storage to the new high school. Teaching is a lot more manual labor than I expected.

I managed to stay late in the evenings and get my own room put together as well. It's wonderful :) Having a classroom is the best feeling. In service had been getting me kind of down, but my mood has improved dramatically since getting into a room. I'll take some pictures this week so you can all share in the magic. I have a classroom library! I scrounged up some really cool shelves out of storage and spray painted them. I was completely bright orange for a day, but it's totally worth it. It looks awesome. I still don't exactly know what I'm doing... I have a lot of things to work out systems for. There is going to be bit of controlled chaos happening for a while, but I think I can figure it out as I go. I don't really need to sleep EVERY night anyway.

This is going to be fun...

1 comment:

Phil said...

Even though you didn't have to teach, I hope your first day went alright!