Tuesday, June 7

Welcome Back

Hello out there in Blogland. I know I know, it's been a while. What can I say? Life as an American college student just isn't all that thrilling, I ran out of material. Ok, that's not entirely true, I did have lots of new experiences this year. I lived in two different of apartments with two very differnt sets of apartmentmates. I made new friends. I took all kinds of stimilating classes. I did a lot of reading, wrote a lot of papers. I even made the deans list finally. I wrote a thesis! woo hoo! I had my wisdome teeth taken out. I went to collegiate synchro nationals once again, go Spiders! :) I went to California for Thankgiving, Myrtle Beach for spring break, San Antonio and Gainsville FL for synchro, Wachington DC for an interview, Virginia Beach just for fun, and Nags Head NC for beach week. Overall I very much enjoyed being a college senior.

Oh yeah, and I graduated :-D

I gotta say, it's been a few weeks now, and I'm really not missing college. I'm so glad to not have homework to do or meetings to go to. I would like to never ever see the inside of the UR library ever again. And I'm glad I dont' have to listen to anymore graduation related speaches or say good-bye to any more people for a while. And I'm glad I'm not living in an isolated little bubble of a campus in a cramped apartment with a twin size bed. I loved my apartmentmates, and my roomie, and I'm so glad I got to live with them last semester... but I really really like my house and my nice big pink room with a nice big bed. And maybe I'm the only one, but I like living with my family. I guess it helps that i know it's only for the summer, and I'm definitely leaving after that.

It's just so nice to be home for the summer like I always have been. It was such a crazy busy emotional year, and I'm glad to have this down time before I have to really start anything big. I really missed it last summer. I've been reading, I'm making a quilt, I'm taking yoga classes. I'm nannying part time. I'm going to do a little synchro coaching. I do the grocery shopping and occasionally some cooking. In a couple weeks my family is going to be getting a second house on Clearwater lake, about fourty miles northwest of here. And then I'll be helping to move in and paint and decorate and stuff.

mmmmmmmmm. Summer time :)

And what comes next? Germany! A year in Munich teaching high school english. I'm really looking forward to it, it's going to be quite an adventure! I promise to write about all of it. Sorry this post is kind of dull... I just felt the need to sumarize for anyone who may not talk to me on a regular basis. So here it is. My lovely and thrilling life to date :)

Hopefully future blogging will be more to the point... or at least have a point.

until then,

Don't worry, be happy :)

No comments: